Cold brewed Hibiscus tea
After just one sip, You will be hooked. This sweet, tart, and refreshing drink is amazing. It’s the perfect drink to serve this Ramadan or anytime for a cooling and refreshing beverage. Super simple to make and full of Nutrients. It’s been known to lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar levels, help with menstrual cramps and detoxify the liver among many other things. It’s loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and has natural laxative properties that can help alleviate constipation.
- Place 1 cup of dried hibiscus in a large pitcher.
- Pour in 4 cups cold water.
- Cover pitcher and let chill in the fridge or counter for about 4 hours.
- When the tea is ready it will turn a beautiful deep dark red.Strain tea at this point you can add more water if desired
- Sweeten with simple syrup, honey or agave syrup
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
You can also add some rose water and herbs like mint, rosemary or thyme, add some ginger cinnamon or some lemon or lime for extra flavors. I personally like it as is. Experiment with different flavors and let me know how it turns out for you.