Split yellow lentil curry goodness
Nothing hits the spot quiet like a hearty flavorful bowl of lentils loaded with delicious, warm and healing flavors like ginger, turmeric, garlic and fresh herbs that screams comfort..This will be the first of many plant-based recipes you will be seeing here often because recently I’ve made the decision to switch to a more plant centered diet, something my body has been leading me towards lately. You see magical things can happen when we tune in and pay close attention to our body’s inner wisdom. I can’t quite explain the feeling, but I’m choosing to honor it and allow it to lead..Studies have shown how eating a predominantly whole food plant-based diet rich in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes can reduce our risk from many of the diet and lifestyle related illnesses like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke,obesity, hypertension and can even improve memory and mood and that’s because our gut bacteria 🦠 is in constant communication with our brain hence making what we put in our body that much more important..Today’s recipes is an easy and quick delicious split yellow lentil curry made in an insta pot
- 1 cup split yellow lentils
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 medium potato diced
- fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp organic vegetable bouillon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- salt to taste
- 1 small chili pepper ( optional)
- 2 cups water add an addition
- 1/2 cup later if needed
- You can place all the ingredients all at once in the pot, but I like to sautee my onions and garlic first to get all the aroma and sweetness from the onions and garlic.
- Next add in the rest of the ingredients cook for 15 minutes, release pressure and let it rest for another 10 minutes and that’s it!
- Serve over rice top with fresh minced cilantro some lime and enjoy!