Bowl of simple nutritious
Amaranth porridge the perfect warm bowl of simple yet nutritious alternative to oatmeal. This tiny but mighty grain is the perfect way to start your morning. cultivated by the Aztecs thousands of years ago this tiny grain boosts unique health benefits, its gluten free, has more protein than other grains its packed with mineral like magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and potassium, has ability to reduce inflammation, boost bone strength, lower blood pressure, improve the immune system all that plus its easy to digest. If you’re like me and tired of having oatmeal this is the perfect recipe for you to try. so let’s get cooking
- 1 cup pre-soaked amaranth
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk or any other nut milk
- Handful of dried cranberries or raisins
- A dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- In a pot combine everything together and stir well. Place on medium high heat, when it reaches a boil lower the heat and let simmer stirring regularly. Lower the heat even more, cover continuing to stir until you get a smooth and creamy consistency.
- You can top it off with caramelized bananas 🍌 apples 🍎 or pears🍐 .