This is the most flavorful, tastiest and tender roasted eggplant you’ll ever have! Or perhaps that’s just my love of all things eggplant that’s talking?I’m a huge eggplant fan and It’s safe to say that it’s one of my all time favorite vegetable. This roasted eggplant is everything. It’s soft, tender, meaty and slightly caramelized with amazing flavors!Did you know eggplants are loaded with vitamins and minerals such as fiber, potassium, magnesium, folate, vitamins C, B6 and K as well as many essential minerals including iron and copper. Simple, healthy and delicious. –This dish can be used in an endless number of ways. Serve it warm as a main dish, or accompany it as a delicious compliment to any main dish. Scoop out the flesh and you have an epic tasting baba ganoush.Try the recipe, and let me know how you like it. My favorite way to eat this roasted eggplant is as shown with a side of salad or with some fresh warm pita bread. –
- 1 large eggplant
- Grapeseed oil or olive oil -Paprika -Garlic powder
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- A dash of soy sauce
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Fresh pomegranate seeds -pomegranate molasses -pumpkin seeds
- slice the eggplant in half lengthwise.
- With the tip of a knife, score the flesh deeply in a diamond cross-pattern.
- In a bowl add oil and all dry ingredients. Brush each half generously with the mixture –
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and arrange each half, cut side down for at least 20 minutes or until it’s caramelized and tender.
- Using a tongs gently turn the right side up and let cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Drizzle with some pomegranate molasses, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate and serve