Healthy broccoli soup with no dairy
Soups are an essential part of our iftar, I try to give my family as much variety as I could, plus it’s a create way to incorporate a lot of veggies in one dish. This soup has only 5 ingredients including the onions and garlic. It’s nutritious without added dairy or thickening agents like flour, I simply replaced the flour with a potato to give it that thick, silky consistency.Broccoli is load with nutrients, vitamins and minerals it has immune boosting properties similar to those found in other cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower and cabbage. And because it’s slightly cooked it’s easy on digestion particularly for those with thyroid conditions or compromised gut issues.
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 2 Stalk celery
- 1 potato cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth *more if needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and stir until soften. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add potatoes stir well, add vegetable broth, bring to a boil until potatoes are tender.
- Next add in celery and frozen peas,salt and pepper and return simmer on low heat for a few minutes.
- Add In broccoli stir well. Add coconut milk cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow to cool then transfer the soup into the blender blend until smooth. Cover the blender hole with a paper towel to allow steam to escape.
- alternatively you can use an immersion blender.