What I eat every morning varies, but I noticed recently that I have a few go to meals that I truly enjoy. One of my all the favorite breakfast is a warm bowl of wholesome and hearty organic oatmeal made with my homemade almond milk. I absolutely love this breakfast it’s Versatile, quick and super easy to prepare and keeps me full through the morning. .Here’s my simple yet notorious recipe
- 2 cups oats ( I use GF organic oats)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Honey or maple syrup
- Berries of your choice
- Almond butter
- In a medium pot bring water and almond milk to a slight simmer add in oats, salt and ground cinnamon stir and let cook for about 6 minutes
- Add in the flaxseed mix and let cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- The flaxseed will thicken the oatmeal so you can add more water or milk if you like it thinner
- Remove from heat and top it off with your favorite fruits. I like to add blueberries, raspberries, dates, big dollop of almond butter and maple syrup. . .What are you having for breakfast this beautiful morning?