Spicy baked potatoes
Tofu scramble served with a side of gluten free toast, spicy baked potatoes, black beans and a simple guac. Enjoy! For our first meal of the challenge I chose a super delicious hearty breakfast that will keep you satisfied and full all morning..I like a ton of flavor in my food and tofu is one of those dishes that needs the extra flavoring. So for this tofu scramble I went one step further and marinated it the night before to add a little more depth to the flavor.
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander power
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Olive oil
For the tofu scramble
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small minced green chili ( optional)
- 1 pack firm tofu
- Mix everything together and add the tofu
- **To get nice scramble chunks I use my hands to break apart the tofu ( in the fridge for next morning)
- Place a pan over medium heat add olive oil. Add onions stir till translucent add garlic and green chili stir for a few minutes. Next add the marinated tofu cook for 5-7 minutes or until slightly golden. Voila you’re done!
- For the black beans Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet Sauté onions and garlic add black beans season with salt and a blend of cumin and coriander power.
- These are both excellent dishes to prep for the week as they stays good in the fridge for #tofu scramble 3-5 days cooked and beans even longer